Kedarnath shrine’s portals to be opened on April 29
The portals of the Kedarnath shrine will be reopened to the public on the early morning of April 29. The date was declared at a traditional ceremony held in Ukhimath on the occasion of Mahashivratri observed on Wednesday. Following rituals and astrological calculations, it was decided that the auspicious time for reopening of the portals of the Kedarnath shrine will be at 6:15 AM on April 29.
The chief priest of the Kedarnath shrine, Bhimashankar Ling, Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee officials and others were present at the Omkareshwar temple in Ukhimath for the ceremony after which the chief priest announced the date and time for reopening of the Kedarnath shrine.
The temple committee media in charge Harish Gaud informed that Bhairavnath Puja will be held at the Omkareshwar temple on April 25. The Utsav Doli (ceremonial procession) of lord Kedarnath will depart from this temple at 10 AM on April 26 and stay at Fata village during the night.
On April 27, the procession carrying the lord’s ceremonial idol will reach the Gaurimai temple at Gaurikund and on April 28 it will depart from here and reach Kedarnath.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi