- Atal Bihari Vajpayee to take place at 4 PM tomorrow at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal in Delhi
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half
- Govt announces 7-day national mourning following demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former Prime Minister Vajpayee dead
- Kerala rains: 12 more NDRF teams sent
Lottery drama: Five accused brought to city on transit remand
Five persons who had been arrested from Odisha and Arunachal Pradesh a few days ago for allegedly swindling two persons of lakhs of rupees on the pretext of benefiting them through lottery system and providing properties in foreign countries have been brought to Uttarakhand on transit remand on Monday. The State Additional Director General of police (law and order) Ashok Kumar said that the bank officials to be found involved in assisting the duo in opening several bank accounts in violation of the RBI guidelines would be booked under relevant sections of IPC. He further said that the police had swung into action after two complainants Mahesh and Sandeep had registered separate complaints against unidentified persons at cyber cell police station. “Acting on complaints received, cases were registered against unidentified persons in the cyber police station. In the written complaints, they alleged that they had been supped of lakhs of rupees by the fraudsters,” he added.
After the first complaint was lodged by Mahesh, STF SSP Riddhim Aggarwal had formed a team under cyber cell inspector Marut Sah.
The team members had conducted thorough investigation and secured mobile numbers, bank accounts and other relevant details. After the details had been collected, the team members had been sent to Orissa to arrest the accused. The accused identified as Somnath Sahu and Anil Kumar Bahera, natives of Cuttack, Odisha had been arrested on February 7 and was brought them in Uttarakhand on transit remand on Monday.
During questioning, the accused are said to have admitted the crime and informed police of the involvement of others in the swindling gang.
The names thus disclosed were Deeraj Ravi of Champaran and Swapnajeet of Puri, Odisha. Investigation had further revealed that the transaction of money had been held in the duration of one year. Deeraj would soon be brought in Uttarakhand after the court issued the warrant, police said.
In the other case, acting on the complaint received from Sandeep, a case had been registered against some unidentified persons in the cyber crime police station.
In the written complaint, he had stated that unidentified persons had contacted him over mobile phone and email and offered him lucrative proposals of purchasing properties in foreign countries at affordable rate. As per the complaint, he had deposited Rs 38 lakh in different bank accounts. After the complaint had been received SSP had formed a team and the investigation had started. Based on the investigation, the team had been sent to Arunachal Pradesh from where police had arrested the accused identified as Vikram Singha, Joke Baghra and Nani Tabin, all from Arunachal Pradesh, on February 6. The trio was brought to Uttarakhand on transit remand on Monday.
The State DGP Anil K Raturi announced reward of ` 10, 000 to each of the two teams for cracking the cases.
- Vajpayee’s death: Schools to remain shut today 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM announces Rs 5 lakh for rescuers of Shivpuri floods 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Important to build new MP to build new India: CM 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Vajpayeeji lived entire life for country 17 Aug 2018 | Shivraj Singh Chouhan | in Bhopal
- Atalji was my Guru and a father figure: Raman 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- BG teachers resume stir in capital 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Naveen expresses deep grief 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- KISS holds 1st IUAES preparatory meet 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM launches Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Unfazed by rain, M’bhanj holds I-Day 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar