Many serving doctors’ qualifications under scanner
The qualification of many serving doctors of State Health Services are under scanner of Uttarakhand Medical Council (UMC) as it has been found that the post-MBBS diploma, they had done while in service of State Government is not recognised. It is learnt that the UMC has till now found that post graduate diplomas of as many as 17 doctors of the State Health Services are not recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
These doctors include a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) rank officer of the State Government. The UMC has also found that the Diploma in Radiology certificates issued to some doctors by some UP based institutes are not valid which means that these doctors would now be not allowed to conduct sonography and other radiology tests of patients.
Confirming that the many doctors of State health services would no longer be the specialist doctors and would remain only MBBS doctors now the Deputy Registrar of the UMC, Dr D D Chaudhury said that the MCI has confirmed that Diploma in Radiology, Diploma in Cardiology and Diploma in Child Health from some institutes of Uttar Pradesh are not recognised by it.
It is learnt that the officials of the UP deliberately concealed the fact that diploma courses of some institutes are not recognised.
It is worth mentioning here that the State Government sponsors many doctors of the State Health Services for post MBBS diploma and degree certificates so that the State gets the services of specialist doctors. Dr Chaudhury said that apart from the mischief of the officials of the UP the issue brings into fore negligence of the concerned authorities in the office of Uttarakhand Director General (DG) health.
He also said that the doctors who had done these non recognised diplomas are equally at fault as they should have checked the credentials of the institutes from where they are doing the post MBBS diploma.
- Steel sector witnessing positive growth: Narendran 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Saryu underscores challenges on I-Day 17 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Tourist Docs hold medical camp in PTR’s Maromar 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Westside opens doors to fashion enthusiasts 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand, land of brave people: Guv 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand overcame darker days: Raghubar Das 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- New M3 Time EVM rushed at Bokaro 17 Aug 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Police recover dead body of Hawildar 17 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Excise Dept seizes foreign liquor, one arrested 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CMD CCL inaugurates digital radiography, dialysis machines 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi