Mercury to keep rising in coming days
Dehradun along with other parts of the State would see cloudy sky on Thursday, though there is no possibility of rain, say the weathermen. However, ground frost would form in some isolated areas of the hills during the next 12 hours, they add. With no likelihood of another wet spell, the mercury would keep rising in the coming few days. In Dehradun, the maximum and minimum temperature would hover around 24 degree Celsius and 7 degree Celsius respectively, said the Meteorological Centre director Bikram Singh on Wednesday.
The maximum and minimum temperatures reported in Dehradun were 24.4 degree Celsius, three notches above the normal, and 8.4 degree Celsius, normal, on Wednesday. In Mukteshwar, the maximum and minimum temperatures reported were 14.6 degree Celsius, two degree above the normal, and 1.1 degree Celsius, one degree below the normal on the same day. In Pantnagar, the maximum and minimum temperatures were 25.2 degree Celsius, two degree above the normal, and 6.6 degree Celsius, one degree below the normal. In New Tehri, they were recorded as 15.4 degree Celsius and 2.9 degree Celsius, respectively on Wednesday as per the weather report sent by the Met department based in Dehradun.
Asked whether there is any possibility of another wet spell triggering rain and snow in the state in the remaining days of February, the weathermen said that it was too early to forecast approach of western disturbances which bring rain and snow in its wake. As of now, the climate across the State would remain dry, they said.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi