- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Officials to be held responsible for accidents
The Chamoli District Magistrate Ashish Joshi has warned that action will be taken against officials of the executing agency concerned in case of any accident on the national highway due to negligence of the agency. He said this while asking the working agencies engaged in road construction to complete works at the earliest or face action if accident happens. The Chamoli DM Ashish Joshi said this while chairing a road security committee meeting held in the collectorate at Gopeshwar. He sounded angry over the slow pace of road construction/repair works presently underway at Nandprayag, Maithana, Gulabkoti, Govindghat and Lambagargh and directed all concerned to complete road- related works by April 22, some days before the pilgrimage to Badrinath which the district houses starts.
The DM instructed the executive engineers to repair the black spots strewn on the roads on a war footing. Besides, he said that crash barriers, parapets and reflectors among others should be installed at the accident prone area. He further said that all arrangements should be put into place right now so that the roads if blocked are cleared in a quarter of an hour after the pilgrimage commences.
Joshi also directed to sub- divisional magistrate and the circle police officers to conduct checking drives from time to time to minimise road accidents and instructed the local bodies to remove encroachment and hoardings as identified for removal by the administration.
- KASAULI, DAGSHAI AND SUBATHU: The Quaint Cantonment Hill stations 16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | in Chandigarh
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal