- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Pilgrims to get tele-medicine facility this year
The State health department would provide facility of Tele- Medicine facility to the pilgrims at different points during the Char Dham Yatra. Enthused by increased number of doctors within its ranks following recruitment of more than 1100 new doctors in last one year, the department would also deploy more medical officers during this year’s Char Dham Yatra.
The secretary health Nitesh Jha informed the Pioneer on Monday that the department is ready to provide necessary health facilities to the pilgrims on Char Dham Yatra route. He said that more doctors, Health workers and ambulances would be deployed during the Yatra this year.
On the status of newly recruited doctors the health and family welfare secretary said that 428 out of 478 newly recruited health officers have joined their duties.
He said that some of the new doctors have demanded more joining time but added that all of them would join their respective places of postings till the end of this month. Jha claimed that more than 1100 doctors were recruited in last one year and now the health services have 2100 doctors out of sanctioned 2715 posts. He added that more doctors would be soon be recruited to further strengthen the health services of the State. Jha said that the focus of the department was on recruitment of doctors in last one year and now emphasis on strengthening the services in other aspects would be done.
On proposed concessions being given to the doctors from the Transfer Act 2017, Jha said that the suggestions like removing the clause which does not allows a doctor to join in his home district have been sent to the Government.
He said that practical amendments can be made in the policy so that doctors get more conducive working environment. This will help in reversing the trend where doctors leave their jobs and join private hospitals.
On absconding bonded medical officers, he said that 240 out of 600 odd such doctors have rejoined the service and legal action against remaining would be taken.
The Secretary said that the contract with the GVK EMRI to operate the fleet of 108 ambulance service has been extended till September 30 this year. He said that 61 new ambulances have been purchased to augment the fleet of 108 services and process of inducting 50 more ambulances is underway.
Jha said that ANM Training Centre (ANM TC) has been transferred to the medical education department from the medical health department with an aim to bring related things under one umbrella.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun