Price hike: Cong to launch cycle rally on Jan 29
Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) vice- president Suryakant Dhasmana said that his party would launch a public campaign through taking out a cycle rally on January 29 which would start from the State Congress headquarters against the Centre and the State Government’s anti-people policies and their failure to curb spiralling prices of essential commodities.
The cycle rally would be led by the PCC president Pritam Singh and it would cover several places like Clock Tower, Chakrata Road, Kishanpur Chowk, Ballupur Road, GMS Road, Niranjanpur, Clement Town and Mohabbewala. Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Indira Hridayesh would flag off the rally, he added while addressing a press conference at Congress Bhawan in the city on Saturday.
Dhasmana alleged that the people have lost confidence in the BJP –helmed State Government. He said that the Janata Darbar should be conducted not at the ruling party’s office but at some other places. Notably, such a darbar has recently seen a transporter storming into it and saying that he had consumed poison following grim financial loss triggered by demonetisation and GST. He had succumbed a few days later, sparking an outrage across the state. “The state government should release a white paper detailing the status of the complaints received during such gatherings at the BJP office and the status of their disposal,” he said.
Dhasmana further said that since the time the BJP came into power at the centre and the state, prices of the of essential commodities keep sky rocketing. He cited spiralling prices of petrol, diesel, cooking gas, pulses, food grains and some other essential items. He added that the price of onions has jumped multiple times, saying that the government has landed the people in misery having failed rein in on the steadily rising prices of the essential fuel and kitchen items.
- Demolition continues, encroachment in gated colonies to be razed too 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Massive plantation drive: DM takes stock of situation 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- KFW to provide fund for cleaning Ganga & clean drinking water 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dehradun may experience heavy rain fall 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vacant posts of teachers in the universities should be filled soon: Guv 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM raises RAF shift with Rajnath 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Power generation resumes at Chilla power house 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Administrative void in GDMC hospital 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Shahzad keeps political options open 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Speculations rife as CM, Bhatt summoned to Delhi 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun