- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Six dead in Doon following heavy rain
At least half a dozen people reportedly died in separate incidents of building collapse and flooding in Dehradun and elsewhere in the state following heavy rain early on Wednesdaymorning.
According to information provided by the state emergency response centre, at about 6:15 AM heavy rains caused debris to fall on a home which resulted in the death of four persons while two were injured. At about 7 AM, one man, a resident of Balbir Road was reportedly swept away in the Rispana river and his body was later recovered. At about 7:25 AM a resident of Bhagat Singh Colony was also swept away in the Rispana river which was in spate due to the heavy rain. Water from the river flooded homes in various localities situated on the banks of the Rispana.
According to official sources, in Dehradun, the heavy rain resulted in power cuts in at least five localities. In the district, water logging was reported from 20 places while water supply lines were reportedly damaged in 18 locations. A total of 22 roads were reported to be blocked for traffic in the district. Elsewhere in the state, in Pithoragarh, a suspension bridge was swept away in Munsyari. At Kwiti, landslide caused due to road construction work resulted in debris damaging the homes of eight families and putting them at risk. Blasting for construction of road between Gaindali to Chanoli damaged a government school which is now at risk. In Uttarkashi district, the Rishikesh-Yamunotri national highway 94 was blocked by debris at Aujri while the highway to Gangotri was reported to be open for vehicles.
In Chamoli and Rudraprayag districts, the national highways to Badrinath and Kedarnath respectively were reportedly open for traffic. Elswhere in Kumaon, 20 rural motor roads in Bageshwar, four each in Almora and Champawat were reportedly blocked.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi