- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
State Cong clears proposal to make Rahul party prez
The newly elected members of the Uttarakhand Pradesh Congress Committee have unanimously passed a proposal for making the All India Congress Committee vice-president Rahul Gandhi — the national president of the party. This and other proposals were passed in a meeting of the newly elected PCC members here on Thursday.
The Congress State election officer and former MP JP Agrawal presided over this meeting held at the Congress Bhawan. The PCC president Pritam Singh welcomed the newly elected committee members stating that they will play an important role in strengthening the party organisation and in the coming elections.
The Leader of Opposition in the Vidhan Sabha and Haldwani MLA, Indira Hridayesh tabled the proposal for elevating the All India Congress Committee vice-president Rahul Gandhi to the post of the AICC president.
The Uttarakhand PCC president Pritam Singh supported this proposal which was then passed unanimously by the PCC members.
Earlier, the former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat put forth a proposal giving the right to the AICC president Sonia Gandhi for election of the PCC chief and AICC members along with the appointment of the PCC chief. This proposal too was passed unanimously.
Various Congress leaders including Rajya Sabha MP Pradeep Tamta, Jot Singh Bisht, Vijay Saraswat, Suryakant Dhasmana, Sanjay Paliwal, PCC chief spokesman Mathura Dutt Joshi, MLAs Qazi Nizamuddin, Mamta Rakesh, Manoj Rawat, Adesh Chauhan, former MLAs Hira Singh Bisht, Navprabhat and various others were among those who were present in the meeting.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi