State to seek route from Yamunotri to Doon in all weather road project
A delegation of BJP MLAs led by Tourism and Culture Minister Satpal Maharaj would meet Union Minister of Road and Surface Transport, Nitin Gadakari, and request him to include some alternative routes in the ambitious all weather road project in the state.Talking to the media persons at state party office here on Thursday, Satpal Maharaj said that according to the ancient belief, a Vamvrati (starting from left) Char Dham Yatra is most auspicious, and for it the route of Yamunotri from Vikasnagar, Dehradun, should be included in all weather project.
He claimed that Vamvrati Chardham yatra using alternate routes would also save time and fuel in the yatra. Maharaj suggested that landslide prone areas like Sirobaggar can be also be avoided if the alternate routes are strengthened. The minister said that many MLAs would be part of the delegation which will meet union minster Gadakari in New Delhi.
Expressing happiness at widespread snowfall in higher reaches of Himalayas in the state, he said that it augurs well for the forthcoming International Ski competition at Auli. Maharaj said that a team of French engineers has arrived at Auli and they have started work on the ice making machine.
He added that the state government wants to develop Gorson situated above Auli as destination for skiing events. Like Mont Blanc in Swiss Alps, Gorson has three slopes which are perfect for skiing, he added. The minister said that the tourism department has made plan to include areas like Vedni and Dayara buggyals for developing winter game facilities.
He said that the government would develop communication with tourists for strengthening existing tourist spots. On the question of BJP state President’s directive for the ministers to come prepared for the forthcoming meeting of the state working committee at Haldwani, Satpal Maharaj said that the ministers should come prepared for any questions raised by BJP members during the meeting.
He added that under the visionary leadership of Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat all ministers are given free hand in their functioning.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun