UJVNL MD conferred Sewa Chakra Puraskar
The Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (UJVNL) Managing Director GP Patel was conferred with Sewa Chakra Puraskar by All India Economy Survey Award Council in a most glittering ceremony held in New Delhi. For set goals in terms of power generation in the given time frame, UJVNL was also bestowed with “Super Quality Crown Award” during the function.
The former justice of High Court, Odisha Dr I M Quddusi gave away both prizes to Patel in the presence of former Odisha Governor Murlidhar Chandrakant Bhandare and Rajya Sabha MP, Vaishnav Parida.
It is to be noted that after assuming the post of Managing Director of UJVNL, GP Patel emphasized on the renovation, modernization and up-gradation of the power plants. Due to the series of maintenance works, the Limited also managed to generate 4852.670 million units of electricity against the target of 4752.670 million units in the previous financial year and generated 5261.823 million units against target of 4760.50 million units in 2011-12 financial year. Under the able leadership of Patel, the UJVNL managed to construct Rudraprayag based 4 Mega Watt, Kaliganga-1 hydro power project funded by Asian Development Bank in the given time frame and the project has been started contributing electricity to the state. The project is also expected to contribute 26.37 million units annually.
The Managing Director of UJVNL, Patel has also asked for Uttarakhand’s share from Odisha based 200 Megawatt Ultra Power Project.
It is also equally important to mention here is that the limited has filled the vacant posts of engineers at different levels in order to meet with the set goals in terms of power generation. The limited is also looking for other avenues for power generation in a move to make Uttarakhand completely self-reliant in the terms of electricity.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi