Youths will get loan easily: Min
In order to mitigate migration from the mountainous regions of the State, loans should be provided through the Uttarakhand Multi Purpose Finance Development Corporation to the youth to facilitate for self employment. The State Transport, Social Welfare, Border Area Development and Backward Area Development Minister Yashpal Arya said this while addressing officials in a meeting of the Uttarakhand Multi Purpose Finance Development Corporation here on Wednesday.
The Min directed the officials that loans should be facilitated to the youth for self employment in organic farming, pisciculture, floriculture, computer training and beauty parlour business. Stressing on the importance of publicity of this task, the Minister said that relevant information about schemes should be provided in open public meets, Tehsil Diwas and the Block Development Committee meeting. Loan fairs should also be organised towards meeting the Govt’s aim of facilitating self employment for the youth.
Transparency should also be ensured in the loan distributions fairs, stressed the Minister. Arya further said that the distribution of loan should not be a low-key affair. The loans should be distributed to the intended beneficiaries in loan fairs and multipurpose camps. Loan fairs must be organised in each of the State’s 13 districts. Such businesses should be selected during the loan fairs, for which there is demand in the market.
Arya also directed the officials to provide within 10 days a list containing information about the beneficiaries, the loan provided to them and the head under which it was provided to them during the past three years.
Loans amounting to ` 125 crore in total have been distributed till date. Out of this amount `26 cr has been recovered so far. Expressing dissatisfaction at this, the Min directed the secretary concerned to conduct an inquiry into the procedure adopted for selection of the beneficiaries.
He warned that the onus of the official concerned will be ascertained if the recovery of loans is not improved. The U’khand Multi Purpose Finance Development Corporation managing director V Shanmugam and district level officials were also among those present in the meeting.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi