- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
9 lakh complaints on farm loan waiver scheme in UP
After a record farm loan waiver the Yogi Adityanath government is facing a daunting task of disposing of complaints different departments had received in connection with the farm loan waiver scheme.
Under the scheme, loans of more than 34 lakh farmers to the tune of about Rs 21,000 crore have been waived of, but about nine lakh farmers have filed their complaint on the departmental portal, an official confirmed here on Wednesday.
The complaints have been received from almost every district and their number is in thousands from each district. The complainants say that they got a loan waiver certificate but still the bank is continuing their account and deducting the loan amount from them. Some farmers have also received notice of recovery from concerned banks.
Taking cognizance of the complaint the government has decided to open the loan waiver portal and order officials to dispose of the complaints by April 20.
Officials claim that some farmers took the farm loan waiver illegally and hence their waiver certificate has been cancelled. Regardless, if someone claims his eligibility, he has been given the opportunity to file a complaint. The district level committee will take a decision after the investigation, he said.
Agricultural department officials say that listening the complaints of all the farmers and their verification at the local level will settle the issue permanently.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi