- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Akhilesh woos voters amid credible record of development
Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav, ahead of the crucial urban local body elections, has asked voters to choose the party which has a credible record of accelerating the development of the state and the BJP has ditched the voters. “The BJP has not only failed in fulfilling the promises it had made during elections and it is pursuing the sole agenda of divisive politics by spreading hatred. The civic elections are important as the outcome of this election will give an indication of the possible results of the Lok Sabha elections in 2019,” said the SP chief in an appeal issued to voters on Tuesday. Akhilesh Yadav has decided to stay away from the campaigning for the civic elections and assigned the responsibility to the other leaders of the party. SP president listed a long list of projects and development schemes implemented during his regime in his appeal to voters.
“After winning the state Assembly elections by misleading voters by making false promises, the BJP has again come out with another ‘Chal Patr’ ( document of deceit) to mislead urban voters. The electorate of UP have, however, seen through the game of the BJP and won’t be taken for a ride twice in a short period of less than one year,” said the SP President. He added: “The electorate of UP will give a befitting reply to the BJP during civic elections.”
Alleging that the BJP government was an anti-development government: Akhilesh Yadav said: “During the last eight months in power, the BJP government has not laid the foundation stone of even one development project and there is no trace of crores of rupees spent on making roads potholed-free.”
Accusing the BJP of pursuing divisive politics, Akhilesh Yadav said: “The Samajwadi Party never indulged in politics of vendetta and hatred and every community was given equal treatment and respect it concentrated on the development of all regions of the state.” SP president also flayed the BJP for failing to benefit all farmers of the state under the farm loan waiver scheme.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi