BJP to announce candidates for 2 Lok sabh bypolls after Shivratri
BJP state president Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey said that party will declare candidates for the bye-elections for Lok sabha after `Shivratri’ stressing that party will retain the both the parliamentary seats as there is no contest for BJP in this election.
“There is absolutely no contest for the BJP in this election. The party is sure to retain both Lok sabha seats as people are impressed with the work done by the Narendra Modi and Yogi Adityanath Government,” Pandey told reporters here on Monday.
The elections will be held for the Gorakhpur and Phulpur parliamentary constituencies – seats which have been vacated by Yogi Adityanath and his deputy Keshav Prasad Maurya respectively – after they joined BJP government in Uttar Pradesh. The elections will be held on March 11 and result will be declared on March 14.
When asked what lesson the party has taken from the Rajasthan debacle Pandey said that Rajasthan will not be replicated in UP. Both the scenario are different. We will win both the seats with a huge margin,” he said adding that process has begun to select candidates for both constituencies and the names will be declared after Shivratri.
In bye-elections in Rajasthan held recently BJP had lost three seats to Congress.
Party president also held a meeting with the newly appointed office bearers here on Monday in which they were asked to gear up for the 2019 elections. “Today’s was the first meeting which was more or less introductory meeting in which the new members were apprised of the work last committee had done and how to take forward that good work,” he said.
BJP spokesman Manish Shukla said that with BJP coming to power speed of governance and development has picked up in Uttar Pradesh. The law and order situation has improved which has created a positive atmosphere for investment in the state, he said.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun