Brother of Dr Kafeel Khan, accused in Gorakhpur
At a time when Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was present in Gorakhpur, two unidentified bike-borne miscreats opened indiscriminate fire injuring Kashif Jameel on Sunday night. The injured is the brother of suspended pediatrician of BRD Medical College (Gorakhpur) Dr Kafeel Khan, who is currently out on bail.
The injured was immediately rushed to a hospital where his condition was stated to be stable. The police registered a case and launched a search for the criminals. Surprisingly no action was taken against any cop even as a an alert was sounded due the CM’s visit to the district.
After several hours, SSP of Gorakhpur, Shalabh Mathur told media persons that they were making efforts to work out the case.
Kashif Jameel (34) of Rajghat area of Basantpur is engaged in real estare business. Late on Sunday night, he was returning home when two youths on a scooty approached him and opened indiscriminate fire hitting him at three places. Later the injured’ brother Dr Kafeel Khan tweeted “Allah rahem kare. M not going to bend.”
Later, he told reporters in Gorakhpur that the bullets were removed from his brother’s body and he was currently in ICU. “Who fired the shots, we do not know but the intention was to eliminate him. But it was only 500 metres from Gorakhnath temple, where the UP Chief Minister was staying,” he said.
“On Sunday night, I was insisting on a private hospital as I know a prominent neuro surgeon there. But the police kept saying that I must go to Sadar hospital first and then to BRD hospital. But it is the doctors at BRD hospital who sent him back to this private hospital. So crucial time was wasted,” Dr Khan alleged.
Dr Khan shot to infamy after the BRD medical tragedy in which morethan 60 children died due to lack of oxygen at the Encephalitis ward in August last year. Dr Khan reportedly arranged for oxygen cylinders for the children dying in the ward but was made a villain and booked as one of the accused in the case. He was jailed in September 2017 and was released on bail by the High Court in the last week of April.
Meanwhile, the Khan family demanded police protection following the attack.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar