CM asks officials to submit report on loss of crops
A day after farmers from Bundelkhand region staged a protest against loss of standing crops due to a hailstorm, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday asked officials to submit a report on the loss of crop within 48 hours.
The directives were given during a review meeting held at CM’s residence which was attended by Agriculture minister Surya Pratap Shahi and others.
“District magistrates of affected districts should send the report within 48 hours so that corrective measures could be taken at the earliest. The DMs should also be touch with the farmers and redress their grievances there and then,” Yogi said in a statement issued in Lucknow.
The Chief Minister also announced Rs 50 crore for the affected districts. The 15 districts affected by hailstorms are - Aligarh, Allahabad, Kaushambhi, Chitrakoot, Banda Hamirpur, Mahoba, Barabanki, Amnedkarnagar, Jhansi, Jalaun, Lalitpur, Kannauj, Lucknow and Hardoi.
As per government rule, in case of death due to natural calamity, the concerned family gets a compensation of Rs 4 lakh and in case house is damaged, one gets Rs 95,100 as compensation and in case of loss of cattle, the farmer gets anything between Rs 30,000 and Rs 3,000 depending upon the animal.
Unseasonal rains damaged standing crop of farmers forcing them to stage protest. In Mahoba, the farmers faced the wrath of the police when they were beaten up which resulted into a political furore.
Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav attacked the Yogi government saying that use of force against farmers was unfortunate. "The farmers of Mahoba were demanding compensation for the loss of their crop. Instead of helping them out, the farmers were beaten up," Yadav said in a statement issued in Lucknow.
“Government’s policies are anti-farmers and were more inclined towards helping the corporate world. Potato farmers have been ruined in this government and their paddy also have not been purchased as a result of which, farmers have been forced to sell them off to middlemen,” Yadav said and demanded that the government should immediately take steps to ameliorate the grievances of the farmers.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi