- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
CM told officials not to compromise with quality of development works
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that the state government was committed to ensuring that the benefits of rural development schemes reached the beneficiaries. He asked officers of Rural Development department to strictly curb the tendency of misutilisation of funds and not top compromise with quality of development works.
Addressing a meeting of Chief Development Officers of districts and Joint Development Commissioners, Yogi said that rural development schemes like Prime Minister Awas Yojna, MNREGA, Prime Minister Grameen Sadak Yojna, UP State Rural Livelihood Mission and Drinking Water schemes could effectively change the profile of rural areas of the state.
The CM also directed Rural Development department officials to discontinue the practice of summoning field officers to Lucknow and instead send officers from Lucknow to the districts so that they coul get a feedback from beneficiaries of the schemes about the quality of works under various schemes.
Taking serious note of the collapse of overhead water tank during trial, Yogi said that it was a very serious lapse and recurrence of such incidents must be prevented.
``It’s a criminal act and those responsible would be dealt with an iron fist and brought to justice. The government will never tolerate such incidents and officers must strictly curb the tendency of compromise with quality of construction work,’’ said the Chief Minister.
Yogi said that the state government made serious efforts for accelerating development in rural areas during the last six months and as many as 9.71 lakh houses were under construction under Prime Minister Awas Yojna.
He said that the first instalment for construction of houses has been released to beneficiaries. He directed officers to review the progress of utilization of first instalment.
Yogi said that toilets should also be constructed in each house under the scheme and asked officers to ensure that the second instalment was released and houses were completed as per schedule.
On UP State Rural Livelihood Mission, Yogi said, "Technical and financial assistance be made available to over 61,000 self help groups (SHG). Efforts be made to help women to make them economically self-reliant. Officers should eliminate middlemen in the sanction and release of loans to the SHGs."
The CM said that special attention was being given to 1,625 villages which have so far not been covered by any development scheme in the last seven decades. He said that any one scheme must be implemented in these villages in the next one year.
Yogi directed that memorial gates and `gaurav path’ be constructed in the native villages of martyrs of Army and Central Para Military Forces and directed officers to compile a list of such villages across the state.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar