- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Co-accused of Unnao rape case Shashi out on bail
The court, on Sunday, granted a four day long police custody remand (PCR) of the co-accused in the Unnao rape case, Shashi on the plea of CBI which is probing the case. Shashi was arrested on Saturday for luring the girl and taking her to the accused MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar’s house on June 4, 2017 the day the incident was reported.
Earlier, the counsel for the CBI submitted an application seeking ten days long PCR of Shashi Singh pleading that the probing team had to collect evidences against the accused MLA in the case. The CBI counsel argued that a team had already taken Sengar on PCR and he was being interrogated. It was pleaded before court that the CBI team quizzed Sengar and extracted some information from him and so they need PCR of Shashi Singh to cross check Sengar’s statement.
The remand of Shashi will conclude on April 19. During the remand she will be quizzed also about her alleged involvement in luring the girl to reach Sengar’s house and about the allegations that the girl had leveled on Sengar and his men.
Meanwhile, the uncle of the victim alleged that Sengar’s brother Atul, who is lodged in Unnao jail, is issuing threats to the villagers asking them not to speak to police against him or his brother either. He alleged that his uncle’s son Monu (name changed) is also reported missing. “On Saturday night, about a dozen of youths riding two different SUV reached the village and threatened the villagers to leave the village either or keep mum when the police quiz them,” he alleged. He alleged that Sengar had forced Monu to lodge a case against victim woman’s father. “Monu’s father, however, had disclosed the same before the Special Investigation Team (SIT) and had taken said that he had no grudge with the victim’s father” victim’s uncle claimed.
It surfaced during investigation that Sengar and victim’s family were on good terms before their fell apart. “The family of the victim helped Sengar in different elections he contested so far. But after the murder of elder brother of victim’s father, the equation between both the families changed all a sudden and they turn into sworn enemy,” the villagers told.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun