Depressed husband commits suicide in Shahjahenpur
Depressed over regular conflicts with his wife over his beau, a 35-year-old man committed suicide on Valentine's Day in Shahjahenpur while a youth shot himself after having a tiff with his girlfriend.
in Shahjahenpur, ambulance driver in Meerut, Devendra was married for eight years to Pooja of Philibhit and the couple had two daughters. Two years back, Devendra fell for a woman from Lakhimpur Kheri. It is said that he even maried his new love opwing to her pressure.
When Pooja learnt of the marriage, she had regular fights with Devendra. Unable to bear expenses of her two daughters, Pooja, who has been living with her in-laws in Shahjahenpur, lodged a case with the police after which Devendra started poviding her money to run the house. But he continued his affair with the other woman.
On Tuesday, Devendra visited his home in Shahjahenpur and he had a fight with his wife after Pooja mockingly asked him whether he would go to Lakhimpur Kheri to be with his second wife on Valentine's Day. After caling each other names, the couple later went to bed.
However, when Devendra did not come out of the room till late on Wednesday morning, Pooja went to enquire and found him hanging with the ceiling. She raised an alarm after which the police was informed. The cops sent the body for autopsy and were investigating.
Meanwhile in Aligarh, Rohit Kumar (18) from Bijnore shot himself dead on the premises of Zakir Hussain College of Engineering on Wednesday. Rohit was talking on his mobile phone at Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) campus after which he pulled out a country-made pistol and fired at his temple.
The man was immediately rushed to a medical college hospital where the doctors declared him brought dead. Rohit's family was informed about the incident with the help of his phone's contact list and Aadhaar card details. The deceased was working in a factory in Haridwar and had arrived in Aligarh.
"If bystanders are to be believed, Rohit first shot a bullet in the air and then shot himself dead," the police claimed.
Though the police is yet to ascertain the cause, they suspected a love angle might be the reason that triggered him to kill himself on Valentine's Day. Efforts were on to trace the person with whom he was talking over the phone.
AMU Proctor Mohsin Khan told media persons that the CCTV footage showed the deceased entering the campus alone shortly before the incident.
Elsewhere in Etah, a poverty-stricken Shiksha Mitra ended his life by hanging himself from the ceiling of his house early Tuesday morning. Manmohan Singh (35) left a suicide note claiming that he was taking the extreme step as he was not getting his salary.
UP Shiksha Mitra Sangh later said that Manmohan committed suicide because Basic Shiksha Parishad did not pay his due salary for five months. They charged that the department did not have shortage of money yet they paid Manmohan two month's salary against the seven months. The body was sent for autopsy and investigations were on.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi