Former SP MLC joins BJP
Former Samajwadi Party MLC Sarojini Agarwal joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in Lucknow on Saturday. She was welcomeed to the party by Deputy CM and state BJP chief Keshav Prasad Maurya.
On 4 August, Agarwal had resigned from Legislative Council maintaining that she was not feeling comfortable as senior leader Mulayam Singh Yadav was being ignored.
“I had been a party MLC twice due to Netaji (Mulayam). As he is not active in the party, I have resigned. I don’t have problems with anyone and I respect everyone. I felt uncomfortable after the split in the party and did not feel like working any longer,” she had said after quitting SP.
On Wednesday, SP MLC Ashok Bajpai resigned from the membership of UP Legislative Council and also from the party. He too is likely to join the BJP.
- PM Modi targeted the entire opposition over no-confidence motion 22 Jul 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- GRP Personnel arrested two persons with Rs 2 crores 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi failed to prove allegation of corruption in Rafale deal 'Wrong' : Deepankar Bhattacharya 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP police is acting like bouncers of Yogi: Raj Babbar 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ACOGOA called nationwide indefinite strike in UP 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt to adopt block chain technology to maintain digital record of lands 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt reintroduced pension for Yash Bharati and Padma awardees 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM reviews preparation of arrival of Prez 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Digvijay: I have taken oath to follow Constitution 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Avantika Srivastava to represent State in Mrs India Pageant 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur