- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Four members of family burnt alive in Jaunpur
In a tragic incident, a woman and her three daughters were burnt alive after their house caught fire due to short circuit in Barsati area of Jaunpur late on Friday night.
As per reports, the house of Gulab caught fire in Daudpur village due to short circuit and Gulab’s wife Kusum (28) and her daughters Anjali (7), Anshika(5) and Ayushi(2) were trapped inside the house and roasted alive. Sleeping outside the house saved the life of Gulab.
He later claimed that he raised an alarm to save his family but his efforts went in vein. The cops send all the bodies for post-mortem examination and were investigating.
Meanwhile in Ghazipur, a teenage couple, who wanted to get married against the wishes of their families, committed suicide by jumping before a train on Friday night.
As per reports, Aanshu Ram (18) and Archana (16) of Usia hamlet of Dildarnagar in Ghazipur were having an affair for the last one year and wanted to tie the knot. However, their families were opposed to their affair and pressuring them to give up their relationship.
Sources said that the couple got married secretly at a local temple on Friday before deciding that if they could not live together, than they could die together. Late on Friday night, they jumped before a train and ended their lives. Local villagers after witnessing the suicide informed their family members, who later called the police. The bodies were sent for post-mortem examination.
Elsewhere in Muzaffarnagar, a man was shot dead in an encounter with police while fleeing after robbing a man in Shamli on Friday. Two policemen were also injured in the encounter.
SP Shamli, Ajaypal Sharma said that the injured miscreant and two cops were rushed to a hospital where the former died. A looted motorcycle, Rs 87,000 and a pistol were seized from the accused. Themiscreant was wanted in 13 cases of loot, murder and extortion.
In another incident, a notorious criminal carrying a reward of Rs 12,000 on his arrest, was arrested after an encounter with the police near Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar on Friday. Monu, who was wanted in 14 cases of loot and murder was injured in an exchange of fire with the police after which he was arrested and hospitalised.
- ABAP hails HC order on religious non-discrimination on caste 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- No light in sight for Clinical Establishment Act 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Incessant rain throw life out of gear in BBSR 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- HC grants bail to Mahima Mishra 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rahul Gandhi to visit State in Aug 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Tito sent to jail after remand ends 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Heavy downpours paralyse life in Cuttack; admin orders closure of schools 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain trigger flood-like situations 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Divya bags gold medal at Int’l Golden Glove Tournament 17 Jul 2018 | SR | in Bhopal