Gorakhpur tragedy: Akhilesh Yadav hits out at State Government
Former Chief Minister and Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav hit out at Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Saturday, for the deaths of children at Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital in Gorakhpur and accused the government of hiding facts.
SP chief also rejected the magisterial probe ordered by the state government saying thatthe probe was meaningless.
“The UP Government is not revealing the truth. Government is not even willing to accept that the children died due to disruption in oxygen supply as the vendor was not paid his dues worth Rs 60 lakh and more. Can the government deny the letter sent by the company demanding payment of arrears on August 1?’’ he asked.
``If the gas supply was not disrupted by the vendor then why were oxygen cylinders rushed from Faizabad and adjoining districts on Friday night after the news broke out about deaths. This proves that the government tried to cover up and even families of the deceased were removed from the hospital and their records were destroyed,’’ charged the SP chief.
Akhiulesh even questioned the police raids on the gas supplier’s establishment, saying, “If the vendor did not disrupt gas supply then why did the police raid his possible hideouts at Gorakhpur and other places ?’’
Questioning Yogi’s governance, Yadav said that the CM reviewed functioning of the BRD hospital on Wednesday, but did the officials keep him in the dark and was the CM not informed about the delay in payment to oxygen supplier.
“If the officials did not inform him, then people can assess what type of a government Yogi has been heading. It’s a serious matter. The sole cause of delay in payment is corruption where authorities ask for cut before releasing payments,’’ said the former Chief Minister.
Recalling his experience, Akhilesh said, “I was stuck in the elevator of Secretariat and upon enquiry it surfaced that payment was not made to the firm hired for maintenance of the elevators as officers were demanding cuts. Yogi Adityanath should look into this matter.’’
“Government is trying to run away from its responsibilities and hence accusing the Opposition of politicising the situation.The BJP government is instead busy in hounding Samajwadi Party workers. We are only asking questions,’’ said Akhilesh.
“We have not protested as we believe that the Opposition has a limited role in such incidents. But can the government clarify why the CM was yet to express his condolence or why was there no announcement on compensation to the kin of the deceased ?” he questioned.
Taking to Twitter, Yadav expressed grief and wrote, “Families of the dead were sent off with the bodies, they did not even do autopsies... extremely unfortunate.”
.Meanwhile a delegation from Samajwadi Party will visit BRD Medical College on Sunday to take a stock of the situation and inform government and party. The SP has dispatched a high level six member team to Gorakhpur led by leader of the opposition in the state assembly Ram Govind Choudhury to investigate into the matter and get the details about the incident.
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- LGBT march to break heterosexual stereotypes 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal