Governor and CM pay tributes to Dr.BR Ambedakar
Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath paid homage to Baba Saheb Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar on his Parinirvan Divas by paying floral tribute at his statue in a function organized by the Ambedkar Mahasabha here on Wednesday. Addressing the gathering Governor said that Dr Ambedkar felt the pain of deprived section of the society because he had passed through that situation in his younger age. In Constitution he stressed on equality because he felt all the people should get equal opportunity to grow. This is the spirit of Indian Constitution, he said.
“If deprived section of the society is getting its rights today it is only because of the Constitution which protect the rights of the people. It is for us to ensure that we follow the Indian Constitution in letter and in spirit,” Governor said. Chief Minister said that though Dr Ambedkar faced social disparity in life but this was not reflected in his conduct. He even said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given respect to the places linked with Baba Saheb. “In UP we cancelled the leave and asked teachers to tell students about Dr Ambedkar so that they can know who was he,” Yogi said. President Ambedkar Mahasabha Lalji Nirmal also spoke on this occasion. Also present on the occasion were Ministers in the state Government Ashutosh Tandon, Rajesh Agarwal, Swamy Prasad Maurya, Chetan Chauhan, Nand Gopal Gupta ‘Nandi’, Brajesh Pathak,. Swati Singh, and Suresh Rana.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar