- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Govt plans to develop Awadh Shilpgram as commercial activities hub
Hoping to provide a market for local artisans, the state government has plans to develop Awadh Shilpgram as a major hub of commercial and trade activities. This was stated by Industrial and Infrastructure Development Commissioner Dr Anup Chandra Pandey in Lucknow on Thursday.
“All out efforts would be made to develop Shilpgram as an excellent platform for carving out a national and international identity of the state’s craftsmanship. These Shilpgram would also serve as a platform to encourage artisans and craftsmen engaged in such traditional and ancestral craft based occupation, which are on the verge of extinction,” Pandey said in a statement issued.
The top official directed concerning officers to make proper arrangements for running the Shilpgram round the year.
He said that export promotion centre, library and trade-related tourism promotion and co-ordination centre would also be established in the Shilpgrams. He said that laser shows on 15 themes would be organised in these places to attract tourists and common people.
The Commissioner said that a ‘Make in UP’ pavillion would also be set up in Shilpgram and it would focus on export units including gems and jewellery, mobile phones, sugar industry etc.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi