Govt warns allopathic doctors to check private practice
Aiming to check private practice by allopathic doctors working in government hospitals, the state government issued strict warning to doctors to either mend their ways or face action along with the nursing homes they work on the sly.
An order to this effect was issued by Principal Secretary (Health) Prashant Trivedi on Thursday.
In his directive to DMs and Commissioners, Trivedi said that the administration should identify doctors who were into private practice and also identify nursing homes where these government doctors were working before reporting to the government at the earliest.
“Once proved that a particular government doctor works in a nursing home, the licence of that institution will be cancelled with immediate effect and other punitive actions would also be taken,” Trivedi told ‘The Pioneer’ in Lucknow on Thursday.
The Principal Secretary said that strict action under Service Conduct Rules will also be taken against the erring government doctors.
“I cannot quantify it at this time, but can say this much that strict action would be taken against the guilty doctors after thorough enquiry,” he said.
The government was forced to take a tough stand after reports of government doctors indulging in private practice started pouring in from across the state. In recent times, party MLAs even complained that government doctors were found working in nursing homes rather than working in CHCs or PHCs.
However, the Private Nursing Home Association felt that the government might use the order to harass nursing homes. The government order said that license of nursing homes could be cancelled but it was silent on what action will be taken against the government doctors.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur