Honest and Transparent lateral induction of officers : LGP
Lok Gathbandhan Party (LGP) demanded that the process for lateral induction of officers from corporate sector into bureaucracy be honest and transparent.
On Monday, the Centre had announced to induct 10 Joint Secretary level officers through lateral entry. The LGP is headed by a former IAS officer of UP cadre Vijay Shankar Pandey.
In a statement released on Tuesday, the LGP said that instead of selection through a committee headed by Cabinet Secretary, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) be asked to recruit as it has established its credibility over the decades.
“There is nothing new in lateral induction of officers. In the past too, it was done even at Secretary level in several sought after ministries like Petroleum, Power, Commerce, Finance, Economic Affairs, Steel, Agriculture, Defence and there was no opposition,’’said LJP chief Vijay Shankar Pandey.
“The concept of lateral entry at various levels was even recommended by Administrative Reforms Commission and various other expert groups to make the system more responsive to needs and aspirations of the people,” he said.
Pande further said that the problem with the system is lack of transparency, honesty and political interference in selection process.
“Nobody knows why a particular individual was selected to head a particular department as Secretary and why others were not given the opportunity. There are examples of less qualified and undeserving officers being appointed in a opaque manner to senior positions in Central government in the past decades,” the LJP chief said.
“The argument that the present system has failed to perform and fulfill aspirations of masses is valid but the question is who allowed incompetent and corrupt officers to not only flourish in our system and dominate it,’’ asked Pandey.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar