Mayawati attacks BJP over killing of youth in Allahabad
Bahujan Samaj party president Mayawati has lashed out at the BJP government for the killing of the dalit student in Allahabad. She alleged that the killing of a Dalit student was the result of narrow and casteist politics of hatred being pursued by the state’s ruling party.
“The barbaric murder of a Dalit student in Allahabad is not an isolated case as such incidents are occurring on a regular basis. And no one else but the BJP’s narrow, casteist politics of hatred is responsible for it,” she said in a statement here on Monday.
Mayawati said that such incidents had vitiated the atmosphere in the country and the youth were experiencing frustration because of dearth of jobs for the educated ones among the ‘sarv samaj’. There is also an increase in crime, she added. The BSP chief, who sent her state unit chief Ram Achal Rajbhar to meet the bereaved family in Allahabad, asked the state government to ensure the immediate arrest of the culprits and help to the family.
A second year LLB student Dileep, 26, was thrashed by a group on Friday following an altercation outside a restaurant leading to his death two days later. One of the accused was arrested after CCTV footage of the incident went viral on social media.
Expressing her deep condolences on death of the law student in Allahabad Mayawati said that whole community was shocked that even after 70 years of independence such incidents were occurring.
Meanwhile the upper house of the UP Legislature on Monday witnessed noisy scenes over the death of a Dalit student in Allahabad. Dileep, a second-year student of LLB, succumbed to injuries, on Sunday two days after he was thrashed with sticks and batons by a group following an altercation outside a restaurant in Allahabad.
Leader of Opposition and SP member Ahmed Hasan raised the issue in Legislative council as soon as the house assembled. He alleged that though such incidents with Dalits were taking place across the country, the government remained mute spectator. Chairman Ramesh Yadav had to first adjourn the Question Hour and when the uproar did not subside in the Zero Hour, he adjourned the House for the day.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun