Mayawati slams RSS chief for comparing sangh activists with Army jawans
Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati lambasted Rastriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat for comparing Sangh activists with Army jawans fighting on the borders.
“Such statement by the RSS chief in not only disturbing and insulting but also have a demoralising effect on Indian Army who are facing challenge from terrorists on Indo- Pak borders nowadays. Bhagwat should apologise before the nation for his remarks,” she said in a statement released in Lucknow on Tuesday.
Mayawati said that when Bhagwat was so confident about his militant cadre and about their similarity to Army jawans, then why was he taking security of commandos.
“He should leave the security of commandos immediately and deploy Sangh cadres for his own security,” she said.
The BSP chief also alleged that when RSS, which once was a voluntary organisation and served the nation, turned into a political outfit then how can its cadres be treated at par with soldiers.
“Mohan Bhagwat should remove his bhram (confusion) about swayamsevaks, because the RSS is no longer a social outfit and is fast becoming a political one. Its swayamsevaks have shelved social service and are seen busy in electoral politics of BJP,” asserted the former UP Chief Minister.
Bhagwat had earlier said that Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) had the ability to organise itself and fight for the country within three days’ training, while the Army would take 6-7 months to ready the troops.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi