Naik suggests state Govt. to take actions on vandalising bungalow by Akhilesh
Taking serious note of the alleged vandalising by Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav in a government bungalow that he vacated on orders of Supreme Court, Governor Ram Naik directed the state government to take legal action against the former Chief Minister. Naik issued the direction through a letter to Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday.
“Damages caused to the bungalow by former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav before vacating it, has become the talk of the town and also hogged headlines in the media. It’s most inappropriate and serious matter. These bungalows are government properties and the cost of their maintenance is done from tax payers’ money. Hence the government should take appropriate legal action,’’ wrote the Governor. On Tuesday, Naik summoned officials of Estate department for a first hand account of damages in the bungalow vacated by the SP chief. He was informed that the department conducted ideography of all bungalows vacated by former CMs and damages were only found in the bungalow vacated by Akhiulesh Yadav.
Meanwhile, the Estate department in its preliminary report submitted to the government said that all bungalows vacated by former CMs were found in satisfactory condition except the SP chief’s 4, Vikramaditya Marg bungalow in which a number of things were found damaged and missing. A final inspection would be submitted to the government in next few days.
“Taking a cue from the condition of 4, Vikramaditya Marg, we inspected other bungalows as well. But, prima facie, nothing was found missing in the residences vacated by four other former CMs,” said a senior Estate department official.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar