No official meeting with Ravi Shankar : AIMPLB
Even as spiritual leader and Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar offered the middle path to solve the vexed Ram Janma Bhoomi issue and is slated to visit Ayodhya on Thursday, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) has turned down overtures saying that no official meeting was proposed between AIMPLB and the spiritual guru.
“There is a possibility that some Board members would be meeting him in their personal capacities. But officially, AIMPLB and members of Babri Masjid Action Committee (BMAC) have refused to meet Sri Sri Ravi Shankar,” a senior AIMPLB functionary said. “Sri Sri has no concrete formula for resolving the issue and Muslim community will not back down on the dispute,” sources said, adding that the AIMPLB wanted the spiritual guru to first convince Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on the issue and then get back to the Board in writing.
However, AIMPLB member and eminent Sunni leader Maulana Khalid Rashid Farangi Mahali is likely to meet Sri Sri in his personal capacity. The spiritual leader is also likely to meet Shia Waqf Board chairman Waseem Rizvi in Lucknow on Wednesday. Rizvi had recently met Sri Sri in Bangalore. An official said that the Art of Living founder would meet Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday morning and likely reveal his formula. Peole close to Sri Sri told The Pioneer on Tuesday that the process of dialogue was in an early stage. Sri Sri is talking to all stakeholders to know their view points. A report from Ayodhya quoting Sri Sri’s representative Swami Bhavya Tej said that the spiritual guru would reach Ayodhya at 11 am on November 16 and meet Shri Ramjanambhoomi Nyas chairman Mahant Nritya Gopal Das at Maniram Chhavni.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar