No substitute for development and hard work : Yogi Adityanath
Stressing the importance of development, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that there was no substitute to development and collective thinking could generate positive vibes which in turn could help in transforming a city.
Yogi was speaking at Gorakhpur after laying the foundation of 66 projects and also inaugurated seven schemes. All these projects cost around Rs 59 crore.
“Gorakhpur was earlier treated as a backward district. But the fact is that at one time, it was one of the most developed districts of the state. Because of political negligence and apathy, this district lagged behind in all aspects. But things are changing now. Gorakhpur is progressing on the path of development,” the CM said while addressing a public meeting on Monday.
Yogi further said that there was no substitute for development and hard work. “This is a known fact that development not only improves the quality of life of residents but also brings investments, which in turn helps youth to get employment at door steps,” he said
A five-time MP from Gorakhpur, Yogi said that water-logging was a perennial problem of this area and work has been started to get rid of the menace.
“Work is on to widen roads, provide uninterrupted power supply and drinking water as was commited by the government. This can only be achieved with participation of masses. Corporators should take up the challenge and work on this line. This is not difficult. We only need determination to do it. You should also plant saplings in your wards. A little bit of awareness can keep the city clean,” the Chief Minister asserted.
In his 30 minute speech, Yoga elaborated on the achievements of his government and spoke on improved power supply, houses to the poor, construction of toilets and generating employment for the youth through ‘One District One Project’ (ODOP) scheme.
“In urban areas, fluorescent lights are being replaced with LED. This is not only saving power but also giving the streets a radiant look. So far 5.50 lakh street lights have been replaced,” Yogi infomed.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar