Officials from Chaudhary Charan Singh University in trouble for saving accused
Officials of Chaudhary Charan Singh University in Meerut could find themselves in trouble for allegedly trying to save one of the eight accused of raping and killing an eight-year-old girl in Kathua. The accused was a student pursuing a BSc course from a college in Muzaffarnagar and had slipped to Jammu and arranges another student to appear in his place.
Sources said that some varsity officials tried to bail out the Kathua rape accused, identified as Vishal Jangotra aka `Shamma’ and try to project that he appeared in examination in Muzaffarnagar during the time of incident.
While probingthe incident, Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Jammu Police learnt of the development and reached Meerut. They also seized the recording of Close Circuit Television and other examinations records to nail down the officials for trying to patronise the main accused.
Interestingly, the Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force is also looking for Jangotra in a case of impersaonation during examinations.
Sources said that the name of Acting Superintendent of Confidential Office of Meerut University, Chandra Praksh along with Kaviraj, Subash Chandra Piplani surfaced during probe. All three are absconding at present after their names cropped up as UP STF probed a series of incidnts in which they were found to be changing answer sheets of students doing MBBS or other courses from associated colleges of Chaudhary Charan Singh University.
Sources further said that Jangotra, arrested by the J & K police in connection with Kathua rape case, hailed from Rasna Hisankar locality of Jammu. He was a student of BSc I in Akansha Degree College in Meerapur area of Muzaffarnagar. He has to appear in his examination at KK Jain Degree College in Khatauli, Muzaffarnagar between 10th and 30th January earlier this year.
The STF probe found out that on January 11, Jangotra arranged another student to appear in the exams in his place and he left for Jammu. With Jangotra already involved in a case of impersonation here, the Jammu SIT is now claiming that he was present in Kathua when the incident took place.
After collecting evidences from Meerut university and based on records collected by UP STF, the Jammu SIT might also make the varsity staff co-accused in the rape case.
- CM reviews preparation of arrival of Prez 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Digvijay: I have taken oath to follow Constitution 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Avantika Srivastava to represent State in Mrs India Pageant 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 15 kids hurt, 4 critical as mini bus goes off bridge 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Bank of Baroda organises 111th Foundation Day 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roof-top solar systems on different category of Govt buildings mandatory 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- INBRIEF 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CHiPS promoting one of largest citizen centric ‘Hackathonsin’ 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ramchandra Singdeo given tearful adieu 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Cesar Ferrando appointed head coach of Jamshedpur FC 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi