Om Prakash Rajbhar demands further divergence in OBC quota
Uttar Pradesh minister for welfare of backward classes and empowerment of handicapped, Om Prakash Rajbhar, on Wednesday demanded further bifurcation of the reservation given to backward classes, scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
The 27 per cent reservation being given to backward classes on recommendations of the Mandal Commission is beneficial to backward and most backward classes, but it should percolate down to other related sections., he said. While highlighting the achievements of his ministry, Rajbhar pointed out that monthly pension for the handicapped had been increased from Rs 300 to Rs 500, marriage grant increased from Rs 20,000 to Rs35,000 and surgery grant was raised to Rs 10,000 from the previous Rs 8,000.
The minister said that previously Rs10,000 was given to handicapped people for setting up a shop, but the amount has been increased to Rs50,000, of which half is discounted. Rajbhar said the diet allowance for handicapped people had been increased from Rs1,200 to Rs2,000. He further stated that for preparing backward class students for IAS and PCS examinations, 14 coaching centres had been opened.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar