Probe ordered on damaged done by Akhilesh : ED
After obtaining legal opinion, UP Estate department has ordered a probe into all bungalows vacated by former Chief Ministers in Lucknow recently.
The move of the Estate department came after it was reported that the bungalow vacated by Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav was plundered and many costly items were taken away.
Rajya Sampatti Adhikari (Estate Officer) Yogesh Shukla said in Lucknow on Monday that the staff has been preparing a list of items and other facilities provided by the department in these bungalows and the missing items. “As soon as this is completed, notices will be sent to former occupants of these bungalows about missing properties,” he said.
A day after former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav vacated his official bungalow in a vandalised state on Saturday, UP minister of state for Transport Swatantra Dev Singh on Sunday demanded a high-level probe into the incident. He said that the former CM violated Supreme Court orders by damaging official accommodation and the probe will bring out the truth.
However, Akhilesh defended himself by attacking the BJP for tarnishing his image by levelling false charges on the issue.
On June 2, Yadav vacated his official residence, complying with the SC’s order and now resides at Ansal township on Sultanpur road in Lucknow.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar