State Govt all set for its maiden’ 'UP Investors Summit'
With the Uttar Pradesh government confident of achieving the target of wooing investments over Rs 2 lakh crore during the first ever 'UP Investors Summit' next week, the Yogi Adityanath government is preparing for its maiden 'Global Investors Summit'.
Officials in Lucknow said on Wednesday that the government was making preliminary preparation for 'Global Investors Summit' to be held during October.
"The government would hold road shows in several countries including the USA, Germany, Japan, England and Dubai and in some of them, the Chief Minister could also participate," sources hinted.
"We are receiving huge response in the 'UP Investors Summit' and our target to attract investments of around Rs 2 lakh crore would be achieved. Now, we will focus on wooing global investors and hence such a summit was required," an official said.
Earlier, the UP government wanted to hold a 'Global Investors Summit' but on the suggestion of Central government it decided to organise a country-level summit before going for a global one.
Against the target to register around 5000 delegates, a total of 6757 people including top industrialists of the country have given their assent to participate in the Summit which will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 21 and during the valedictory session President Ramnath Kovind and Union Finance minister Arun Jatiely would be present.
At present new registration for the Summit has been closed.
Mauritius, Japan, Netherlands, Finland, Czech Republic and Slovakia are the six partner countries in this Summit while Thailand has become the seventh partner country .
On the other hand, HCL chairman Shiv Nadar is likely to meet Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow on Thursday and both are expected to give their nod to some investment proposals.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi