State produced 62.71 lakh tonnes of sugar
Uttar Pradesh has produced a record 62.71 lakh tonnes of sugar during the current sugarcane crushing season with a recovery of 10.35 per cent - the highest in recent years.
A government spokesman said in a statement in Luknow on Wednesday that the mills also paid the highest ever amount of Rs 12444.22 crore to cane farmers till date.
As per details, all 119 sugar mills were functioning in the state while during the last crushing season 116 mills were in operation till this time.
Cane crushed till date was 606.33 lakh tons against 509.53 lakh tons during the previous crushing season while payment made so far this season stood at Rs 124,44.22 crore against Rs 100,54.13 crore made in the last season.
Sugar produced till date was 62.71 lakh tons with a recovery of 10.34 per cent while in the corresponding period last season, it was 51.20 lakh tons with a recovery of 10.05 per cent.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi