Tyagi criticizes BJP Govt. over false promises for Swaminathan Committee
National General Secretary of Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) Trilok Tyagi lambasted the BJP government for making false promise of implementing Swaminathan Committee recommendation to address the woes of the farmers.
Interacting with newsmen at the state RLD office in Lucknow on Tuesday, Tygai said that the BJP was anti-farmer in nature.
“Its leaders make tall promises like increasing farmers’ income and implementation of Swaminathan Committee report in speeches during 2014 elections. But they never translate it into action. Due to faulty policies, cane arrears have topped Rs 1200 crore in the current fiscal. But the CM was yet to announce a date of payment with interest on arrears. Farmers are yet to get the previous interest on arrears,” he pointed out. Tyagi said that the Rs 700 crore package announced by the Centre will be of no use for the farmers. “The fund will be used in manufacturing of ethanol. Cane growers are forced to sell their produce to private crushers as the government and co-operative sugar mills are yet to become functional,” he pointed out.
The RLD leader also spoke on the plight of potato growers and demanded that the state government should effectively address their issues.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar