Uma Bharati not to contest Lok Sabha polls
Union minister Uma Bharati has announced that she will not contest next Lok Sabha polls due to her ill health.
“I feel problems in moving around due to my back pain and problem in the legs. It would be better for me not to contest the Lok Sabha polls,” she told media persons in Jhansi.
Though the MP from Jhansi said that she will try to campaign for BJP in the elections if her health permits.
The 54 year old former Madhya Pradesh Chief minister also denied that she was in the race for the CM post in MP. “There is no question to go back to MP as she is committed to serve the people of Bundelkhand region specially in Jhansi,” she said.
“I have still lot of thing to do for Jhansi Including the food processing park and renovation of Laxmi Tal, which will start in next three months time,” she said.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun