UP Roadways bus killed 7 student and 3 injured
In a tragic mishap, seven students were crushed to death and three others critically injured when a UP State Roadways Transport Corporation bus ran over them on Lucknow-Agra Expressway in Kannauj early Monday morning.
The victims were part of a group of 100 students pursuing BTC course at Prabha Devi Degree College at Khalilabad and heading to Haridwar for an educational trip on two buses.
Expressing grief over the death of the BTC students and a teacher in the accident, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 2 lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 50,000 each to the injured. The CM also instructed Kannauj administration to register an FIR against the bus driver and provide medical facilities to the injured students.
As per reports, the accident occurred near Talgram village in Kannauj when some students got off a bus as diesel was being filled in another accompanying bus which stopped due to an emptytank.
Suddenly a UP Roadways bus comingathigh speed ran them over and the driver fled with the vehicle after the tragedy and abandoned it some distance before absconding.The bus was later seized bythe police and the injured were rushed to a hospital immediately.
The deceased were identified as Mahesh Gupta, Vijay, Mithlesh, Vishal Kumar, Abhay Prasad, Satish while efforts were on to identified another.
Meanwhile, six people including four women and two children suffocated to death aftera fire bnroke out due to a gas leak in Kotwa Chak Bangali village area of Azamgarh on Monday. Preparations wereunderway for a `bhandara’ (community feast) in Ramtaji Devi’s house in Kotwa Chak Bangali village when a fire broke out due to gas leak. Many of her relatives and other workers ran into a room to save themselves. Butthe room was filled with smoke and six of them suffocated to death. The victims were identified as Ramtaji Devi (70), Kavita (50), Manita (35), Aradhya (1), Tara Devi (50) and Anjali (4). Some of those who fainted due to suffocation were rushed to a hospital. A probe was on.
Elsewhere in Maharajganj, four people, including three women, were killed when a tractor-trolley they were traveling in, overturned in Thothibari locality near Nautanwa on Monday morning. The incident took place when the driver lost control and the tractor trolley overturned and fell into a pool of water. The deceased were identified as Jugari (32), Sushila (42), Dehari (38) and Govind (32). A case was registered and all the bodies were shifted for autopsy.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar