Weather office issued alert of thunderstorm in several districts of UP
With normal life remained paralysed for second day in over two dozen districts of the State including the NCR region, the toll figure of deaths further mount to 54 people while 84 others were injured.
The highest causalities have been reported from neighbouring Barabanki district where 13 people lost their lives on Sunday. Eight of them died when they slipped into the Ghaghra river as they lost their balance due to strong winds, officials said, adding that the local administration was probing the matter. Besides loss to human lives, 121 houses were damaged and 17 animals died in various parts of the state in Sunday’s storm.
Reports confirmed that besides Barabanki, the death toll figure from Bareilly was 8 followed by 6 in Kasganj, 4 each in Lakhimpur Kheri and Bulandshahr, 2 each in Pratapgarh, Jaunpur and Saharanpur, and 1 each in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Etawah, Kannauj, Ghaziabad, Sambhal, Aligarh, Badaun, Mirzapur, Mathura, Shamli and Sitapur districts.
State Relief Commissioner Sanjay Kumar told media persons that government have ordered the concerned district authorities to give compensation in next 24 hours to all the families of the deceased. Kumar said that the government will provide Rs 4 lakhs as compensation to the families of the deceased, while the injured would receive between Rs 50,000 and Rs 2 lakhs. On Sunday night, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath too have directed the districts authorities to provide relief to the affected families in a war-footing.
Meanwhile, the weather office has again issued alert of thunder storm in several districts of UP during next 24 hours. Weather Office Director J P Gupta in his statement on Monday said that that thunder storm accompanied with squall and gusty winds are very likely in hit some areas of UP during next 24 hours. The districts alerted by the weatherman are Azamgarh, Sultanpur, Ambedkarnagar, Gonda, Basti, Faizabad, Santkabirnagar, Gorakhpur, Ballia, Deoria, Kushinagar, Maharajganj, Sidharthnaghar, Balrampur, Shraswasti, Bahriach, Shahjahanpur, Pilibhit, Bijnore, JP Nagar, Rampur, Moradabad,, Bareilly, Bulandshahr, Badaun and other areas.
It may be mentioned that the rail, road and air services were hit in the State during the storm on Sunday, while in several parts of the state electricity supply was disrupted due to uprooting of electric poles. A strong storm, along with rains, lashed the state on Sunday with wind at a speed of 50 to 70 km per hour. Several districts have ordered closing down of schools in view of the threat on Monday and it will continue on Tuesday too.
Meanwhile, Bollywood star and BJP MP from Mathura, Hema Malani had a narrow escape when a tree got uprooted and fell in front of her convey in Mathura when she was traveling during the storm. Several vehicles also turned turtle and fell on each other on Delhi-Kanpur Highway, following heavy rainfall and dust storm in Bulandshahr. A report from Kasganj quoting District Magistrate R P Singh said that six people, including three of a family, were killed in the incident.
He said that compensation of Rs 4 lakhs would be given to the families of the deceased. Besides, under farmers insurance scheme they could get Rs 5 lakh as ex-gratia in addition.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun