Yogi government to bring in new tourism policy
The Yogi government informed the state assembly on Monday that a new tourism policy is on the cards which will give a boost to the tourism sector in a big way.
“We have already roped in prominent personalities like Prasoon Joshi for branding of UP. A new tag line— UP Nahi Dekha, to India Nahi Dekha— is being promoted to woo the national and international tourists,” said state Tourism Minister Rita Bahuguna Joshi here in the state Assembly.
The new tourism policy, along with an attractive logo, would be released soon, she added.
“We have celebrated Deepawali in Ayodhya and Chitrakoot and now the government will promote Mathura by celebrating Holi in Barsana,” the Minister announced.
Replying to a question of Aradhana Mishra (Congress) the Minister said that religious and spiritual tourism have been given priority for which the Centre has earmarked Rs 500 crore.
“For the first time UP had become a partner state in the Surajkand mela in Haryana where Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath himself was present. The government will also celebrate the Kumbh mela in a big way for which the logo has been released,” she said.
Joshi said that the department has already launched a one stop portal solution so that the tourists get all the information and they can plan their visit accordingly.
Talking about the air connectivity for boosting tourism in the state, she said that 15 cities would be connected through air. Five MoUs have been signed in this regard. She said that the government has also decided to launch a 20-seater aircraft for the tourists who want to visit Dudhwa National Park.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun