Yogi Govt plans to extend retirement age of Medical Faculty members
The Yogi Government is contemplating hiking the retirement age of faculty members of medical colleges from 65 to 70 years as the government informed the Assembly that 13 new medical colleges would be established in the state in the next three years with five of them to start new academic sessions from 2019.
Health Education minister Ashutosh Tandon said that there was a shortage of Professor and Lecturers in medical colleges but the process was underway to bridge the gap by enhancing the age of retirement from 65 to 70 years. “Besides, the government is also ready to give them other incentives,” he said.
Replying to a question of BSP member Lalji Verma, the minister said that the government was also considering to implement the recommendations made by Medical Council of India (MCI) for promotion of Professors and Lecturers. “This year 313 teachers have been appointed while 278 have been promoted. But unfortunately 113 teachers did not join their duties,” he said.
Tandon said that the government was also starting a process for filling up bonds from doctors while they do MD so that they could join as teachers in state medical colleges.
The minister also informed that against 388 posts of Professors in state medical colleges, 137 posts were vacant, against 507 posts of Associate Professors 205 posts were vacant and of the total 949 posts of Lecturers or Assistant Professors, there were 240 vacancies.
“This government is committed to improving health services in the state therefore it has proposed opening of new medical colleges. At present, the state has 13 medical colleges but now the BJP government will add another 13 in just three years time,” the minister announced.
The BSP member alleged that due to delay in appointment process, most doctors with MD qualification, prefer to start private practice rather than be a teacher in medical college. He advocated a process of campus recruitment.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi