Yogi Govt to present “UP Pravasi Ratna’
Aiming to woo NRIs into investing in Uttar Pradesh, the Yogi government is set to award 'UP Pravasi Ratna' award to 10 distinguished people in the Special NRI session to be held during the two-day 'UP Investor’s Meet' in the state capital from February 21.
Minister of state for NRI and Flood Control, Swati Singh said that the government will hold a Special NRI session in which 10 people would be awarded with 'UP Pravasi Ratna'. "The awrdees have strong links with UP and they want to invest in the state," she said.
“These eminent persons would be provided to and fro airfare from their countries with free stay in Lucknow during the Summit,” the minister said adding that the names of the NRIs will be released soon.
Meanwhile, preparations for the Summit was underway at war-footing with the entire state capital being beautified. All electric poles were being lighted with LED lights while roads were being repaired.
Big hoardings were being set up showcasing UP's potential while wall paintings were made to promote the rich culture and heritage of the state. During the Summit, the state would also launch its 'One District, One Product' (ODOP) policy to promote the state's products in international arena.
On the other hand, the government has booked 1,155 rooms in 40 hotels across the city for guests with 355 VVIP suites being reserved for industrialists and their associates. The government has also arranged 525 cars, 40 buses including 10 Mercedes buses. The government has also purchased 1600 motorcycles for security personnel.
The state police has deployed 4500 policemen for security of the VVIPs, including 600 who would be deployed at Indira Gandhi Prathisthan for two days.
The Chief Minister is slated to throw a gala dinner for the industrialists on the eve of the Summit which will be attended by over a dozen Union ministers and all MPs from UP.
The state government has accelerated implementation of new policies in all key sectors, including industry, food processing and tourism and has also identified land in each of 75 districts for setting up industrial units and allocating them to investors on demand.
The 11 key areas being identified for investments are civil aviation, IT-enabled services, dairy, electronics manufacturing, tourism, MSME, infrastructure, renewable energy, films, handloom/textile, and agro/food processing.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi