3 Maoists held in insurgency hit Kondagaon district
Three Maoists, one of them carrying a cash reward on his head, were arrested on Tuesday from insurgency-hit Kondagaon district in Chhattisgarh, police said.
The cadres were nabbed near Ehakli rivulet in forest under Mardapal police station limits when a joint team of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and District Force was out on a search operation, according to Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Maheshwar Nag.
One of the arrested, Nildhar alias Guddu (25), was active as an LOS (local organisation squad) member, while two others- Ginnu (25) and Ghassuram (30)- were janmilitia members, he said.
"Guddu was carrying a reward of Rs 3 lakh on his head," he added.
An 8-kg tiffin bomb, Maoist banners and literature were recovered from the possession of the two Janmilitia members, he said.
"During their interrogation, they admitted that the explosive was meant to target the security forces during their operation in the region," the ASP said.
The trio was allegedly involved in several incidents, including planting of IEDs and attacks on police parties, he added.
- ‘Bhopal on Canvas’ painting exhibition at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kids Zee School, Bhopal organises painting competition 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Campion School Primary Cabinet installed in ceremonious way 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Sawan Mela 2018 concludes on high note 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Platform for modelling, acting for budding talents launched 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Folk dance workshop for the young 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Singles 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Threat by murder accused to jump off terrace in city 21 Aug 2018 | SR | in Bhopal
- In brief 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Creation of artificial life: Can we ‘play’ God? 21 Aug 2018 | GYANENDRA NATH MITRA | in Dehradun