9 ITIs,14 Skill Dev Centres approved in C'garh
As part of efforts to enhance skill development, Chhattisgarh has been sanctioned nine Industrial Training Institutes ( ITIs) and 14 Skill Development Centres, the Central Government has informed.
The initiatives taken to improve education infrastructure include approval of two Kendriya Vidyalayas at Bijapur and Sukma and three Jawaharlal Nehru Vidyalayas at Bijapur, Narayanpur and Kondagaon. Jagdalpur Medical College has been approved for up-gradation as Centre of Excellence at a cost of 200 crore under PMSSY.
Notably, Chhattisgarh received Rs 352.82 crore for Vocationalisation of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (VS&HSE) during the current financial year, the Central Government has informed.
Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship through National Skill Development Corporation is supporting Ministry of Human Resource and Development and State Government for implementation of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme for Vocationalisation of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (VS&HSE) and also supporting UGC for the curriculum alignment / assessments of the three schemes namely Community College, Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) & DDU Kaushal Kendras which is being introduced in colleges and universities.
The Central Government has already started inviting project proposals under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) in Chhattisgarh to provide a major boost to skill development of rural youth.
It may be recalled that Technical Education Minister Prem Prakash Pandey had informed during budget session of Chhattisgarh Assembly in March last year that a total of 93,264 youth were trained in 2016-17 in all the 27 districts of the State under the Skill Development Programme.
In a written reply to BJP member Shivratan Sharma, the Minister had informed that out of 93,264 trained youth, 27116 got employment.
The State Public Works Department (PWD) has also embarked upon the work of constructing 17 new buildings for Polytechnic colleges at a cost of Rs 139 crore in 15 districts in the fiscal 2016-17.
- Demolition continues, encroachment in gated colonies to be razed too 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Massive plantation drive: DM takes stock of situation 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- KFW to provide fund for cleaning Ganga & clean drinking water 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dehradun may experience heavy rain fall 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vacant posts of teachers in the universities should be filled soon: Guv 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM raises RAF shift with Rajnath 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Power generation resumes at Chilla power house 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Administrative void in GDMC hospital 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Shahzad keeps political options open 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Speculations rife as CM, Bhatt summoned to Delhi 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun