- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Bhilai celebrates Ambedkar’s 127th birth anniversary with fervour
On the occasion of the 127th birth anniversary of jurist, scholar, economist, politician, social reformer and the framer of the Indian Constitution Baba Saheb Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar on Saturday, members of the Bhilai Steel Plant collective joined the nation in paying rich tribute and remembered his contributions at a ceremony held at Ambedkar Bhavan, Sector-6, Bhilai.
M Ravi, Chief Executive Officer, Bhilai Steel Plant graced the occasion as chief guest. AK Mathur, ED (Projects), B Saha, Actg. ED (Works), Anurag Nagar, GM I/c (P&A), Jagdish Umre, GM (Mechanical), Sunil Kumar Ramteke, Chairman SAIL SC/ST Employees Federation and L Umakant, Ex-GM (BSP) were present as special guests. Also present were senior officers, office bearers of BSP SC/ST Association, teachers and students in large numbers.
The chief guest unveiled a statue of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar. Thereafter he led the distinguished guests in garlanding the portrait of the great statesman at the dais and lit the traditional lamp.
Speaking on the occasion, the chief guest Ravi while greeting the Bhilai collective on the birth anniversary of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar paid handsome tribute to him for his many signal contributions especially his leadership in drafting the constitution of India and the development witnessed in the country owing to his vision and his work in fostering equality.
He said, Rs Rs let us draw lessons from his life in achieving one’s true potential’’. He appealed to all those present to pitch in and contribute to ensure that Dr Ambedkar’s vision of India is achieved.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi