C’garh Cabinet okays proposal to declare 96 Tehsils as ‘drought hit’
The Chhattisgarh Cabinet on Tuesday approved a proposal to declare 96 Tehsils in 21 out of 27 districts as drought-affected during the Kharif Season 2017.
The Tehsils are located in districts— Raipur, Balodabazar, Gariabandh, Mahasamund, Dhamtari, Durg, Bemetara, Balod, Rajnandgaon, Kabirdham, Kondagaon, Dantewada, Kanker, Bilaspur, Mungeli, Janjgir-Champa, Korba, Raigarh, Koriya, Narayanpur and Bijapur, officials informed.
Drought-affected Tehsils are in Raipur district (4), Baloda-bazaar district (6), Gariaband district (3), Mahasamund district (5), Dhamtari district (4), Durg district (3), Balod district (4), Bemetara district (5), Rajnandgaon district (9), Kabirdham district (4), Kondagaon district (4), Narayanpur district (2), Kanker district (7), Dantewada district (5), Bijapur district (4), Bilaspur district (8), Mungeli district (3), Raigarh district (6), Janjgir Champa district (4), Korba district (1) and Koriya district (5). Employment-oriented schemes will be launched in drought-prone regions in the State.”, Chief Minister Raman Singh said while chairing the Cabinet meeting.
Canal desiltation-channel embankment works will be carried out at the villages and irrigation borewells will be provided with uninterrupted supply of electricity.A proposal to provide 200 days of employment under the MGNREGA had been sent to the Union Government, he said.
Land cess will be waived in all the drought-affected Tehsils in the entire State.Proposal to redress the drinking water crisis in the affected Tehsils will be sent to the Union Government, Singh said.
Proposal will be sent for subsidized seeds / diesel to the Union Government and there will be total ban on drawing water from bore-wells for irrigation purposes for summer crops (paddy), he said.
- Demolition continues, encroachment in gated colonies to be razed too 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Massive plantation drive: DM takes stock of situation 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- KFW to provide fund for cleaning Ganga & clean drinking water 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dehradun may experience heavy rain fall 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vacant posts of teachers in the universities should be filled soon: Guv 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM raises RAF shift with Rajnath 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Power generation resumes at Chilla power house 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Administrative void in GDMC hospital 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Shahzad keeps political options open 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Speculations rife as CM, Bhatt summoned to Delhi 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun