C’garh starts implementing ‘Saubhagya Yojana’ now
The State Government has begun to implement Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Sahaj Bijli-Har Ghar Yojana’ (Saubhagya Yojana).
The Chief Minister has announced the target of electrifying nearly six lakh households of 7,000 Majra-tola in 465 villages by September 2018, during the next 10 months, under this scheme.
As this target is achieved, Chhattisgarh will achieve its target of 100 per cent electrification in the State. Presently the electrification status of the State is nearly 98.67 per cent, officials informed.
Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand has written letter to district collectors of all 27 districts of the State to ensure implementation of under ‘Saubhagya Yojana’. In the letter, he has directed the Collectors to organize Saubhagya Yojana camps in villages for collecting applications to provide electricity supply to each and every household. This work will be done through Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Ltd (CSPDCL).
The Chief Secretary has given instructions to district collectors to continuously monitor the implementation of the scheme and ensure participation of public representatives.
Dhand stated in the letter that after electricity connections are provided to each and every household of the villages under Pradhan Mantri Saubhagya Yojana and Bijli Tihaar’ will be organised on the lines of ODF utsav of Swachch Bharat Mission. In addition, felicitation programmes will be organized to honour the electrified village, electrified gram panchayat, electrified development blocks and electrified districts with certificates.
It is noteworthy that Chief Minister Raman Singh had announced in the 27th episode of Raman Ke Goth programme aired from Akashwani Raipur that ‘Bijli Tihaar’ will be celebrated in the villages with 100% electrification.
The Chief Secretary has stated in the letter sent to district collectors that in the Bijli Tihaar to be organized, those individuals and public representatives of the electrified villages will be felicitated, whose participation has played important role in 100% electrification of the village. Beneficiaries will also be provided connection certificates.
Dhand stated in the letter that through these programmes, mass awareness regarding energy saving and its benefits will be spread.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar