C’garh youth elevating State’s name in all fields: Raman
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday said that youth of Chhattisgarh has elevated name of the State with their hard work and talent in every field including education and sports.
The Chief Minister quoted Swami Vivekananda while saying that "Arise! Awake! And Stop not till the goal is reached"-- achieve your goal with persistence and hard work. He was addressing the 'Arise programme' organised at Indoor Stadium in Raipur on the occasion of National Youth Day.
Singh said Youth are the future of Nation and added that Chhattisgarh State was formed in year 2000. Now, this 18-year-old Chhattisgarh is ready to take the new leap of development. With the support of youth, Chhattisgarh will soon become one of the most developed State of the nation. He said that State Government is conducting various schemes for youngsters. Youngsters should avail these schemes.
The Chief Minister said that Raipur has premium educational institutes of national-level. In the field of sports as well, youngsters are being provided better opportunities.
Singh welcomed cricketer Virender Sehwag, saying that youth should take inspiration from courage to march ahead in the direction of his choice.
Mentioning about Youth Spark Tournament, Chief Minister said that five lakh youths of 519 colleges participated in the competition and create a new history. He said that 27 selected youth got the opportunity to work as shadow collector for one day. This experience would have taught these youngsters that doing something constructive for the society requires hard work.
Singh awarded cheques of Rs 51,000 to winner of the competition Abhishek Pandey, Rs 31,000 to first runner up Reshma Sahu, and Rs 21,000 to second runner up Rs 21,000.
He congratulated Raipur District Collector OP Choudhary, Competition Coordinator Daan Singh Dewangan and other people associated for successfully organising the event. The programme was also addressed by MP Ramesh Bais and Cricket Player Virendra Sehwag. Raipur District Collector OP Choudhary gave detailed information about the 'Arise Programme'.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi